Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Staying In Day

Today was a very fine sunny day. We stayed in for most of it, but at least we had breakfast and lunch out on the back porch. Pocket of Bolts overdid it with his ankle yesterday, and I insisted that he should go around with crutches all day today and not put any weight on it. Usually we each make our own breakfasts but today I made his and mine and had him sit in a chair and talk with me. Lately he likes very much to eat "Phillipine breakfast" from Sundays at the Moosewood, which involves rice, garlic, eggs, and chillies marinated in vinegar. It is a very Pocket of Bolts sort of food. I had rice with strawberries, raisins, and a little milk. To each his own!

After breakfast, I started the laundry and tackled the horror that our bathroom had become after about two (okay maybe three) weeks of my neglected my duty to clean it. I will not speak of that further (shudder). Laundry is usually Pocket of Bolts' job, but he can't very well do it on crutches, so I did it with a glad heart. Actually, it's quite a lot of work, which he does uncomplainingly almost every week. He is such a good man. We were a little short on quarters and the day was fine and dry, so I hung most of the clothes on the line.

I also spent nearly an hour listening to Pocket of Bolts practice his upcoming talk. He is doing a power point, and talking mostly improvisationally. I was impressed.

Pocket of Bolts made us a simple lunch of tofu with satay sauce, leftover rice, and kimchee. It was really tasty though.

After lunch, I sat down to work although I did not get as much done as I would have liked.

For dinner I made spanakopita and salad. About half the greens for the salad were from our back porch lettuce buckets. They are still going strong, especially the arugulas!!

Lately we have been watching a television series called Madmen, about the characters who populate an ad agency in, I guess, the early 60s? I am still undecided about whether I like it or not, but I do have to admit that it is becoming more intriguing.

It was not a terribly productive day, and I neither worked out nor left the house. But I did spend some quality time with Pocket of Bolts and helped him not make his foot worse, so it was a fairly satisfactory sort of day in that way anyway.

No comments: