Monday, October 20, 2008

Reorganization

Yesterday was meant to be a proper work day, but somehow we woke up late. Then the morning just kind of got dragged away. We shook ourselves out of lassitude to go out to Brown Elephant (I found a sweater and a couple little shirts) and to do the week's shopping. We spend a lot less on groceries if we do meal planning and shop all at once, so we're trying to get back into that.

We had hummus and pitas for lunch, with arugula from our back porch, together with some vegetable soup and fresh pineapple. It was an amazingly homelike domestic sort of lunch.

I did a bit of reading and a bit of job market stuff, but mostly just got distracted and squandered the day. Pocket of Bolts went to work out, and I stayed home and made bibimbap, which he loved. For the first time, I made it with actual beef! My dad's verdict would have been "not sweet enough" but PoB liked it that way. Other ingredients included carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, lettuce, shiitake mushrooms, and of course the obligatory rice, kimchee, fried egg, and kochujung sauce. I don't think I'll win any authenticity prizes, but it was a creditable imitation at least of the dish!

After dinner, I finally got into gear and reorganized ALL my files. The proximate cause of this was that there was one particular file I knew should be there but couldn't find. But of course, organizing my files (which were in no discernible order at all) is something I've been meaning to do for ages. I keep re-photocopying articles I already have, because I didn't realize or forgot that I had them. It wasn't until two hours into the task that I actually found the file that I was looking for, but I felt pretty proud when I did. And now things are in much better order as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you actually have a heavy metal or ceramic bowl that holds the heat in for when you mix it up?

ZaPaper said...

Not really, but it turns out we don't mind eating it lukewarm. You can shovel it in quicker that way!! :)