Monday, November 10, 2008

Tasty Biscuits

Yesterday I started off like a ball of fire.

I have adopted Pocket of Bolts' way of doing a to do list, namely, one large text file with done items moved to the top. I decided to go straight down the list from the top. This was kind of fun because I tend to add items in random order, which meant my tasks were unpredictable and heterogeneous. Of course I always get hyper-focused on the wrong ones... Dissertation work has not been going very well lately. It's especially unfair because I really HAVE been putting in the time. It's just that I keep going round in circles.

By noon I always seem to run out of steam. This time I did a reasonably good job of using that time anyway, though, by cleaning the house. Pocket of Bolts came back in the early evening. I was just starting dinner, one-pot chicken slow cooked in the oven with root vegetables, onions, peas, and stock; also polenta cheese biscuits put on top during the last twenty minutes. It was so grand having my husband back!! I liked how he came in and the house was clean and smelled like dinner. The little white holiday lights were on over the mantle. I was wearing my apron and bustling around. It was like the 1950s but better because I'm only "the perfect homemaker" on rare special occasions--so he appreciates it more, ha ha.

Also, the biscuits came out pretty darn tasty, if I do say so myself. I was in rebellion against measuring anything on that particular occasion, so I couldn't tell you just what I did right. But I'm pretty sure they were the best ones I've made yet. Alas, biscuits are not very diet friendly. We have slipped lately, but vowed to go back to it. After finishing off the biscuits.

No comments: