Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Simple Day

Yesterday as often happens on Mondays I got up early to eat breakfast with Pocket of Bolts and fell asleep again after he left for work. I did manage to sit down at my desk by nine. I did some stuff. In the middle of doing stuff, I started worrying about some e-mails I REALLY should have answered days ago, so I wrote those. Then did some more stuff. Still no progress on the diss-o-meter! But I hope for a big jump soon. I'm piling up all these preparations.

I had a miscellaneous lunch--acorn squash, a boca burger with cheese, an Asian pear. Lately I have had extreme cravings for Milky Way bars. Why Milky Way bars in particular I have no idea, but nothing else will do. I got some fun size ones thinking that would be a good compromise, but I must confess that what I keep really wanting is a full size one. Why can't I crave... salad, or carrot sticks or something?!

After lunch, I dragged myself out of the house and met Pocket of Bolts at the coffeeshop known as "good Caribou" (as opposed to "close Caribou"). Good Caribou is about 15 minutes walk from our place, but it is more spacious and interesting inside, also they have a big fireplace that actually gets warm in the winter. Pocket of Bolts and I sat and did some more work but neither of us were particularly on a roll.

We had the simplest ever dinner: lettuce, cold leftover jangjorim (Korean soy sauce beef), kimchee, and white rice. Our rice-cooker is great; it has a quick setting and I can't even really tell the difference. Pocket of Bolts makes good jangjorim! We watched Battlestar Galactica, which was the stupid boxing episode. Otherwise known as "we've been over budget lately"? Still, it was amusing.

After we digested for a while, we managed to get to the gym. I did a really like triceps focus resistance workout. One of those workouts takes me nearly two hours. And boy am I sore today. But I feel strong.

No comments: