Monday, November 13, 2006

Preview of Coming Rambles

Somehow I whiled away the entire evening not working and not posting. Late evening classes are bad for me that way--have a hard time focusing afterwards. I just ended up reading everyone else's blogs and scattering a wide variety of comments. I have really got to back off this life online stuff. If you live too much life online, you forget to live life for real! On the other hand, it's marvellously relaxing after having to interact so intensely in a foreign language the whole day.

But anyway, I'm sorry to say that I will have to catch up on the blogging tomorrow rather than today--I have to be awake again in less than 7 hours, and I won't sleep until I can get warmed up. Still no heat and it is REALLY COLD. Queequeg is huddled on his heater. I know the risk of burns, but I don't have the heart to move him. Besides, he has a knack for sitting on the part that's not actually the heating element.

For tomorrow's post, major topics include: Book Fair at the Altar to the Earth Park, and Vicarious Nightmare Grad School Applications (or What I Learned about Applications from China). Minor topics include: eating crow(?), translation progress, new bookstore discovery, the weather, and bureacratic frustrations. What else is new, right?

More tomorrow.

No comments: