Thursday, February 19, 2009

Self-Portraits

It's amazingly and amusingly difficult to take a standard passport picture of yourself, especially if you don't have a tripod and if most of the walls in your apartment aren't white. At right is one of my many failed attempts before I finally gave up and asked Pocket of Bolts to take it for me. I would have done that to begin with except that old PoB has been working unusually hard--which, workaholic that he is, is very very hard--ever since his colleague has been here visiting with us.

Anyway, I liked this picture even though it's a total failure for standard passport photo composition. I'm trying to grow my hair out a bit--I think the end goal is shoulder-length or a bit longer, but with bangs? maybe? Right now though it's pretty silly, tufts sticking straight out by my ears unless I kind of plaster them down. On the other hand, that's also kind of cute sometimes.

It's not that my life has been uneventful lately, but there are various things I don't quite feel like putting up on the blog just yet. Possibilities that have not yet come to fruition and might not--things like that. I did put up a new post on Book Draft though. And if I owe you an e-mail, I'm sorry--I'm really behind right now!!

No comments: