Friday, February 13, 2009

How I Know We are Healthy

Both Pocket of Bolts and I have been feeling under the weather all week. There were no particular symptoms, just a general feeling of what PoB describes as "assy-ness," feeling like ass. Occasional moments of scratchy throat, runny nose, headache or stomachache, but everything come and gone almost before we noticed. Mostly a general feeling of tiredness, like the kind you'd be tempted to ascribe to depression except for that we're both extremely happy at the moment. If we got excited about something, we could easily shake off the malaise, although it would be waiting for us again when we came back down.

We both took it easy on the exercise, took naps and extra vitamins, and generally babied ourselves a bit. Today, I at least am finally feeling back to normal.

It's funny to say that this feeling mildly sick is proof of our robust good health, but I'm pretty sure that what happened is we have been fighting off some really nasty bug, just fighting it off quite successfully. I should add that we haven't been sick the entire year, at all. This is the first time, if this even counts. For myself, I put it down to the virtues of spending every other day in my pajamas. For Pocket of Bolts, who goes in to work all day and gets coughed on by students, it must be something else. Probably it's because, as he announced to me early on in our relationship, he has "the immune system of a Panzer tank column." He's a tough one all right. One of his many good qualities.

No comments: