Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Breathing Sandwich//Dreadlocks

It was COLD today. This is how cold: I packed myself a sandwich before I left the house this morning. We're not talking a hot sandwich here, just some bread, some deli sliced turkey and lettuce and mustard. I walked to the El, and, having just missed a train, decided to sit down and eat my sandwich. You know how when you exhale in cold weather and you can see your breath? Well, while I was eating I noticed that I could see my sandwich's breath as well. Honestly. I even held my breath to double check that it wasn't from me. My sandwich was faintly but perceptibly exhaling white mist. I pondered this phenomenon, and concluded that it must be from the moist, room-temperature bread (since the other ingredients had been refrigerated). I'm just saying, that is some cold weather.

Elsewhere in the news, I yielded to my fascination with dreadlocks yesterday to the extent of photoshopping some dreadlocks onto myself to see how I'd look. These particular dreadlocks happen to belong to Tracy Chapman (thanks Tracy). Pocket of Bolts called the results "disconcerting." The thing that surprised me, as well, was the extent to which I look like my brother! I guess dreadlocks would not be effective in making me look more feminine, although I still think they'd be pretty cool. I've had it with being mistaken for a boy, though. I want to look like a woman.

At right is a picture of my brother for comparison. It was taken some years ago. He's much leaner and handsomer now. But you can kinda see it, can't you?

No comments: