Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Butterfly: Peacock Pansy

These are some pictures of the third painted origami butterfly I made. (The other two are here and here.)


I finally felt satisfied with this one. It is what I had in mind when I started thinking about making them. That's a satisfying feeling.


This butterfly is modeled on one called Junonia almana, or peacock pansy butterfly. Of course origami wings are not the same shape as real wings, so it is a little altered in proportions.


Still, I fooled Pocket of Bolts when I first showed it to him (from across the room). He thought I had somehow caught a real butterfly. A proud moment. Here's the not-folded version.


Now I have been resting on my laurels. I started another one, but satisfaction is not as good a spur for art as dissatisfaction. Or maybe it's just that I've been doing other things... you know, like the things I'm actually supposed to be doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!