Thursday, August 28, 2008

News Items

I don't know if I mentioned it, but both hermit crabs (Pokey and Intrepid) have been moulting almost the whole time since I got them. When they moult, they bury themselves in sand and don't come out at all for a month or so. I have been worrying that they were dead, and have been a bit neglectful of my misting duties too. Yesterday, I thought to myself, I should really mist the tank. While I was doing that, I picked up the coconut house that Pocket of Bolts made for Intrepid and... he was in it! He was very grouchy to be disturbed at noontime, when he's no doubt sound asleep, but I put some food in his dish and put him on it as instructed. He moved off it very quickly, and was soon hiding again. I worry about him being so uninterested in food. Maybe he doesn't like the food I bought. But anyway, at least he's alive! Although this morning when I looked for him he was extremely well hidden, maybe buried back down in the sand again? Anyway, I couldn't find him, so I hope he's all right.

The other bit of news is that last night I decided to go to the yoga class at our next door gym. Pocket of Bolts was going out drinking with one of his buddies, and I thought it might be a good chance to try out this yoga thing everyone seems so enthusiastic about. Of course I had tried the rather sedate yoga class my parents take, but that was more or less like an hour of sleepy stretching as far as I was concerned. This yoga class, however, was more like a workout! There was much twisting up of my body and doing of strange things. I felt like a pretzel! But all the weight-lifting I've been doing recently has helped a lot I think, because although my muscles definitely protested, I was able to do most of the things. Afterwards I felt very loose and relaxed and pleased. Pocket of Bolts was pleased too; not sure why, but he likes the idea of having a yoga-doing wife, and has been encouraging me to go. I was shy about it, but once I finally got brave enough to try it I liked it a lot.

No comments: