Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Bikes

We got new bikes. Pocket of Bolts didn't have one at all since his last one was stolen, and I was due for an upgrade.


The thing about me and bikes is I just don't find normal road bikes or even mountain bikes very comfortable. I only feel comfortable when I get to sit up straight. So for a pretty reasonable price I got a specimen of the much reviled cruiser tribe. It's not very fast, but it's really comfortable.


Our helmets, sitting side by side on the radiator. Don't worry, the radiator's not on.


Pocket of Bolts riding his bike down our alley toward me. We gave up our bus passes and have been trying to bike nearly everywhere. It doesn't always work out but we bike often enough to make it worth not having a monthly pass. If we can do it until the weather gets cold again next fall, the savings in CTA fares ought to pay for the bikes, a nice thought.

Today we biked to school (35 minutes) and beat not one, not two, but THREE buses. It was most triumphant.

No comments: