Friday, May 09, 2008

Contact Lenses

As part of my strange, wedding-related self-refashioning, I got contact lenses for the first time in years. Contact lenses seemed to have changed some since I last had them way back when. They correct for astigmatism now, and the disinfecting process has gotten simpler. Oddly, there's quite a difference in the way things look. Pocket of Bolts laughs at me because I keep saying that everything looks bulbous, especially eyes and feet. What must actually be true is that my glasses distorted things slightly (due to the distance from my eyes to the lenses?) and made certain things look smaller? I don't know, but anyway, it's a real change. In this silly picture of me, you can just see the lens at the edge of one of my eyes.

2 comments:

syd peterson said...

I usually like glasses, but you look super cute without them! Love the freckles; why do glasses obscure them so?

ZaPaper said...

Hee hee, I don't know. Glad you like the look! I'm not sure--I look so different to myself. I have been doing my best to wear sunblock and stuff so as not to get TOO many freckles... but it's an uphill battle.