Friday, January 08, 2010

Heat Lamps on the El

Yesterday I had to do an errand somewhere in the city I don't usually go. I took the brown line to get there, and then I got lost because I had never been there on the brown line before. It was snowing really hard. I called Pocket of Bolts but he didn't pick up. I thought about calling someone else, but then I wandered around and found my own way.

This is the platform of the brown line on the way back, after sunset. I really like how the heat lamps had melted the snow.

Yesterday we also went to see Where the Wild Things Are at the Siskel Center. A lot of it was very good but it was ... somehow more sad than I wanted it to be. The sense of wonder potentially inherent in the story and concept was definitely there ... but, did it also have to get so badly smashed so often. I felt it was definitely more an allegory for adults than a fun film for kids. But I don't have a problem with that.

School starts on Monday. I feel worried and not ready, even though I have worked really hard this week. Too slow.

No comments: