Monday, January 04, 2010

Clammy

These long clams, I thought were pretty amazing looking. This is only a cell phone picture, but even so. We saw them in Chinatown, when we went down there for dim sum on Saturday. The dim sum was decent, though not spectacular. We chose a place pretty much at random, because ... well, Chinatown is just around the corner. Why should we make a rare and special occasion of it? Why shouldn't we be going down there all the time, any time, exploring and getting to know all the various restaurants?

After dim sum, we went to the grocery store where we saw these clams. We were getting stuff for hot-pot, which we made in honor of Pocket of Bolts' friend coming over for dinner. We also got stuff to make kimchee, but I haven't gotten around to making it yet. It's reasonably easy, but seems like such a ... process. Haven't quite had the energy.

Went back to work today. I was just about the only one. None of my colleagues were back yet... classes not starting for a week. But I have plenty more than a week's worth of work to get through. I made a somewhat decent start on it today. Hopefully at least did enough that I won't be staying up until 2 AM (for the 6th night in a row) worrying about it.

No comments: