Sunday, January 10, 2010

Condiment Plate

One of Pocket of Bolts' favorite dinners is Asian Beef Wraps. It is steak grilled and then cut into strips and briefly marinated in a spicy Southeast Asian style sauce (fish sauce, lime juice, siracha, etc.). These are wrapped in lettuce leaves together with various vegetatious condiments (pictured here). We usually have it with rice as well. It's a Southeast Asian variant of a common Korean meal we had often when I was little... I think of it as a summer thing, but for PoB it's comfort food any time of year. He usually is in charge of making it, but I often sous-chef, and the carrot curls in this picture are all me. :-)

Last day of "freedom" before the term starts back up in earnest. I spent the day in my office trying to get stuff ready. The way my procrastination works, it's always easiest to make myself work on the lowest priority things, the stuff farthest out. So, for once, that was my dissertation. Got a little course planning in too, though, since I *had* to.

No comments: