Friday, June 08, 2007

Quick Photos

Just a couple of quick ones:

At Twintree's request, a picture of my leaf mantis, now much desiccated and worse for wear but still remarkable intact. (I did once have to do some minor repairs on its head after it had a bit of a mishap, but repairs were successful!)


Next, a picture of a last-minute present from Pocket of Bolts, who is rather amused by and approving of my infatuation with Zoetica.

Since 2007 is already almost half gone, I thought I should be entitled to choose my favorite picture from the first half as a display, so I chose this one, originally February, I believe.


You should have seen me attempting to hang it. No nails can go into my wall, so this calendar is hung by a string from the heater. Now the heater being higher than my arm's reach, stringing the string involved a scissor (for weight), a knife (to coax the scissor out past the edge of the heater), a fair amount of tossing, stretching, and cursing, and considerable ingenuity, if I do say so myself.

See also in above photo, random detritus of my desk. I won't say it's always this messy. I also won't say it isn't...

2 comments:

Twintree said...

I like the praying mantis, still. I'm trying to find the original picture, but I haven't had any success.

Hanging that calendar sounded fun. Too bad you didn't take a movie! :P

ZaPaper said...

I should've!