Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Liabilities

Pocket of Bolts: I don't want to lose weight so I can impress people with my body. I want to lose weight so as to--

Zapaper: Remove a liability.

PoB: Yes, remove a liability.

ZP: I totally understand. No doubt if I were going to try to stay in China and make a real life for myself here I would become anorexic so as to 'remove a liability.'

PoB: I don't even think that would be enough.

ZP: You're right. I would have to get bone sections taken out of my shoulders or something.

***

Well, both anorexia and shoulder reduction surgery are quite beyond me. But still smarting over being blithely described as fat over the lunch table, I am posting my menu in the side-bar. Being aware of what you eat is the first step, blah blah. Actually, I have lost about 10 pounds since coming to China, but I'll tell you I've never felt more enormous!

When I went to go try to post that, newblogger made me update my template. In the midst of packing, I decided to switch to a less fussy template. Template-switching: moving the blog-roll over made me a little angry, but aside from that I admit that the new updating tool is pretty easy to use. It was so easy that I even added a "song stuck in my head" feed too. So you can all know way more about me than you probably want to.

Meanwhile, I am making it a goal to try to eat fewer frozen desserts and stuff.

No comments: