Sunday, April 29, 2007

Pirates of the Green

Okay, as ridiculous absurd tourist activities go, we managed to be slightly more ironic about miniature golf. But the spirit of competition was still strong in us, fueled rather than dampened by our realization that we both really suck at it, and we should have gone for the baby course rather than the "medium" course. Let's just say that occasions where we made par were in the minority, and occasions where we gave up after hitting the maximum of 5 were not all that rare. However, we had a pretty good time. Here is me making a very earnest effort:


Here is Pocket of Bolts looking enormous (doesn't he?) compared to the little tiny golf course.


Here is me looking stern and threatening below the pirate flag (it was a totally pirate-themed miniature golf course).


Here is Pocket of Bolts about to make a hole in one, darn him.


And here is me, having lost by a measly two points (two points! out of sixty-some!), clapped in the stocks and photographed as the agreed-upon punishment for losers!!

2 comments:

Colin Klein said...

That's totally not where I made the hole-in-one! Remember, I bounced it off that rock! I think I took all 5 shots on that terraced one :)

ZaPaper said...

Okay okay okay. You have caught me stretching the truth in order to fit pictures and narrative together. Shoot me. :P But it's the only time I have ever ever done that in my whole life.

Maybe that terraced one is the one where I NEARLY made the hole in one, hence the association.