Friday, February 02, 2007

More of the External World

I had been trying to sneak a picture of this guy for a while, and on Thursday I finally got one. I love the look of fresh pineapple for sale on a street-corner. Unfortunately, vendors are nervous of people with digital cameras, because police use digital cameras to take pictures as evidence before they bust you. This guy wasn't looking at me though, so I sneaked the picture. It is not as good or in focus as I would like, but it gives an idea.

Then, as I had my camera out anyway, I took this a little farther on, down under the underpass.

It is a blind erhu player and his little son, both of whom I see very often. I felt guilty because after quickly snapping this picture I walked right on without giving them any money. I should have given them money also. I will next time, promise.

The blind guy really can play the erhu. There is also a fake erhu player who just saws at the strings tunelessly, playing about as well as I could and I've never touched an erhu. But this guy actually plays music.

1 comment:

ZaPaper said...

Yeah, doesn't he? But this is a real one!