Thursday, May 13, 2010

A New Five Year Plan

Almost exactly five years ago, I defended my dissertation prospectus. This morning, I sent the completed document to the bindery. Defense is in two weeks.

And now it seems like it's time for a new five year plan. The last five years were... pretty interesting, but--yeah. Time for something new.

It's amazing what mixed feelings I have, but most of them are positive. (I already discovered the first of the typos, but I am trying to put that out of my mind.) Now I can read novels, and work on other projects, and write long helpful e-mails to people who are barely acquaintances, and generally breathe a bit.

Above/left are some peonies that Pocket of Bolts got for me. I painted them to relieve my mixed feelings.

1 comment:

comebacknikki said...

Wow, I can't believe it has already been 5 years -- you weren't that far into the process when I first starting reading your blog. Congrats! :)