Friday, April 24, 2009

Transformation

I have neglected my blog because there has been too much to say, not too little. I may try to do catch-up posts soon. But the necessity of filling in the gaps when there is so much to fill them with has had the effect of making me put off starting--not good blogging strategy.

In the past week I feel like my life has turned right side up. I mean it just exactly like that, as if things were opposite how they should have been before and I didn't even know it. Briefly, I got and accepted a job offer; went to a conference where my work was praised and critiqued and appreciated (I'd totally forgotten what that felt like--I realize I had especially missed receiving well-considered criticism); formed new friendships and strengthened old ones... and suddenly I feel about 300% more connected to life and the world.

Suddenly I feel like I can actually do things. Maybe even write this dissertation.

It makes me think that life might work as evolution is hypothesized to, by a process of punctuated equilibrium. If so, this is the moment of punctuation!

1 comment:

comebacknikki said...

I'm glad to see you're back! Congratulations on the job!! :)