Monday, July 21, 2008

Sketch Diary

Lately I have had lots of stress and one thing I find that comforts me and helps put me in a productive frame of mind is making little pictures. I won't say I'm learning to draw because that implies that I'm learning from someone or something. I'm just practicing drawing, which I have never been all that good at. Here are some recent sketches though.

My first drawing in a very long time. I was quite dissatisfied but Pocket of Bolts liked it a lot. After he liked it, I liked it more too. It is clumsy, but looks like I did that on purpose!

Same shell as above. For several days, Intrepid spent the daytime wedged with his whole shell into the hole of this bigger shell. It was really funny!

Copied from a National Geographic photo, while I couldn't sleep one night.

Practicing drawing "shiny." The teapot my students gave me.

2 comments:

repressed librarian said...

Wow, these are really good.

ZaPaper said...

Hey, thanks. I don't have formal training, but I've always had fun drawing as long as I have something to look at and copy. :)