Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Muscles

This is a picture of me taken in Hawaii, but I had to put it up here because I think it makes me look unusually strong! I think it was just an accident of posture, since I generally look softer and rounder. Maybe not for long though!

Yesterday I mentioned how my fitness rating was so excellent at all? Today I had to pay for it. I went and did the first workout routine as recommended by the computer program (based on my goals, test results, demographic info, etc.). It turned out to be really hard. What was supposed to be about a one hour workout plus some cardio ended up taking me more like two hours. And I am extremely sore.

Still, it was a fun way to do exercise. Like weight watchers, it appeals to the compulsive record-keeping side of me. The computer spits out a workout card, you jump through all the hoops it gives you, writing down the results (how many reps you managed) and give it back to them. It gets put back in, and contributes to (at least one is led to believe) further customization of the next workout. The desire for completeness even forces me to do the hated ab exercises.

The important role of mirrors in weight-lifting areas: I sat tediously pumping little bits of iron and studying my face and figure. I look strong! I asked Pocket of Bolts, what if I get too muscly and it is gross? He says it is probably not a worry, but he'll be sure to tell me if I do. I don't want to be a female body-builder or anything. But it's nice to contemplate being a really strong woman. There's really not much of a down-side, at least for now!

No comments: