Saturday, February 16, 2008

It's Been Wintry

You might wonder why I haven't been posting recently. It's because it's been wintry. The alternation between bone-aching cold and driving snow is tiring in its own way. By the end of the day (by the beginning of the day) I'm so wrung out I can barely do what I'm supposed to do, let alone extras. But just so you can see a bit of what it's like, here are some pictures from one of our recent snowstorms.

Me bundled up like a ball in our snow-spattered courtyard.



The driving snow on a street near our house:



"Windy City Times"--I guess that's what these are:



And this is what campus looks like, which means just trudging from office to classroom is a major undertaking:



That's it for now. I'll try to have some cheerier pictures soon.

2 comments:

repressed librarian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
repressed librarian said...

Yes, it's been terrible. I'm feeling much better after two consecutive days of sunshine though. But there's more ice and snow in the forecast, as I'm sure you know. *sigh*