Saturday, February 23, 2008

How I Feel About Winter

Don't have time to write much right now. My whirling schedule is kicking my butt. But I just had to post this picture that Pocket of Bolts took one morning a short while ago when the weather was being particularly nasty. I think it just says it all as far as my feelings about winter are concerned.

Really, I shouldn't complain though. Today although still cold was bright and sunny. We went to a new cafe we really like, not very near where we live but in a cool neighborhood just west of us. The place is called Cafe Avanti, and they have bottomless coffee, lots of tables and outlets, and their pastries are not horrifically delicious looking like the ones at Bourgeois Pig (and therefore aren't an insurmountable temptation). I didn't feel much like working, but I banged out a page or two of dissertation...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well February is almost over, the hardest cold month in Chicago. I always found August the hardest month in Chicago (but I am more sensitive to heat than cold).

I am busy moving into my apartment in Berlin. Berlin is warmer than Munich in winter, but much darker and more rainy.

comebacknikki said...

Blah! I am so sick of this weather! Grrrrrr!