Thursday, January 10, 2008

Photos from the Holidays at Home

Just some pictures from Christmas break with the family. First, some food! My mom greeted my arrival at home with a gorgeous fancy soup and salad meal.


My bro and I made quiche for dinner on Christmas eve. We were quite willing and happy to make something all fancy, but quiche was what dad decided on, and we were all quite happy with how it turned out. I made the pattern on the top (it was a little more symmetrical before it went in the oven), with a lot of critique from my art professor bro. :D


Here we are in our various Christmas morning attitudes. Mom in her new Christmas shawl:


Me under my new Christmas coat:


My dad and bro putting together new Christmas toys:




For some reason it was an especially pleasant Christmas morning for me. I can't say exactly what about it. It was low-key and fun, not overly extravagant--we only got a few presents each--but very full of love and joy.

In the evening my sister and her two boys, and my niece and her two girls came and filled up the house with playing and chattering. My nephew Twintree is getting to be such a teenager! but somehow after shyness to start we always find something in common. This time around, he taught me how to make a Jacob's Ladder!


Here is a picture of Dad putting together a puzzle I got him from the Art Institute. It's Frank Lloyd Wright's Seguaro window, and was very different from your average puzzle. I thought it kind of easy, but Dad found it hard! It was definitely pretty.


The last big set of pictures I can't post here but let's just say that I finally found that expensive white dress I've been looking for--and NOT at David's Bridal, but at a really nice little shop that got driven out beyond the city limits when the David's Bridal came in. We went there by recommendation and found just the thing.

All in all it was a very happy holiday, and if it hadn't been for missing my dear husband to be so much, I would have been very sorry to leave. But the parents can't complain of my filiality this year, as I've enriched the airlines considerably with my jetting back and forth on wedding business.

No comments: