Sunday, July 09, 2006

Our Little Apartment

When we arrived in Chicago, we didn't have all that much to do. The movers had not yet brought all our stuff, so we were in our little apartment with just the contents of our Toyota Tercel. We spent most of the Monday resting from the trip and the short but stressful drive into Chicago. Camping pads are not all that comfortable to rest on, but it was better than being folded up in a tiny car! On Tuesday, the Fourth, we did some work. Also, I made a rough floor plan of our little apartment, using a ruler (our tape measure was packed somewhere) and some graph paper. Each square represents (approximately) a square foot. Amusingly, we didn't realize that the place was shaped like a tetris piece until I finished my drawing! I attach below a photograph of the drawing because I do not have a scanner here.

Coming soon: where will we put the furniture and all those books!?

No comments: