Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Few Pix

My apologies that these are all in the hotel room and of me. There was just so much other stuff going on that I couldn't be bothered to carry a camera also, let alone remember to use it. That this orientation was a highly practical matter and not in any sense merely ceremonial was shown by the fact that no group picture was taken. (Or perhaps this was for security reasons? odd thought.)

Then there's me just about to go out to the first, informal dinner. That is around the time I made the first post to this blog. To my eye, I look weirdly big. I always think of myself as smaller than I am, I guess. But I'm, I don't know, downright stocky.

Now as was clear from my posts, I wasn't too happy about having to wear a suit. It's a nice suit, of course. I believe that dad bought it for me in California back in... oh, 1998 or so? Amazingly, it still fits and is in reasonably good shape, though there's a faint stain on the jacket that the dry cleaners always worry about (Colin assures me it's not at all noticeable). But just the feeling of wearing a suit--just not that nice if you're not accustomed to it.



And finally, here's me: very very tired at the end of the long day.

No comments: